Monday, June 19, 2006

Washington and Chicago


wash monuments 1
Originally uploaded by pmdcsb.
Landing in Washington, we fly really close to a big square-like building, which... wait a minute. It's the pentagon! right below me! Heavens, it looks like it's as easy to crash there as not. Afterwards, from the boarding gate, you see the Congress, the Lincoln memorial and the obelisc. No need to leave the airport to see Washington. And I didn't.

Later, speeding towards Chicago with a somalian driver. He loves portugal (for the football) and thinks we are from india. Not really white, he says. I admit we did go to India, and he goes aha! I knew it! So easy to make people happy, they are all ready for it, you just need to say the word.

Chicago's gorgeous in the sun, and for once I could get out and about. Suddenly became conscious that the people are from all over. There is no longer a typical american. The world is here. How long till this is the case in europe? when will I see an asian woman and think of her as portuguese?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home