Thursday, February 09, 2006

Bible scenes

Textos impressionantes da bĂ­blia.

Job:

Has not man a hard service upon earth, and are not his days like the days of a servant?
Like a slave who longs for the shadow, and like a hireling who looks for his wages,
so I am allotted months of emptiness, and nights of misery are apportioned to me.
When I lie down I say, `When shall I arise?' But the night is long, and I am full of tossing till the dawn.
My flesh is clothed with worms and dirt; my skin hardens, then breaks out afresh.
My days are swifter than a weaver's shuttle, and come to their end without hope.
Remember that my life is a breath; my eye will never again see good.


Song of songs:

How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better isthy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! Thy lips, O my spouse, drop as the honeycomb: honey and milk are under thy tongue; and the smell of thy garments is like the smell of Lebanon. A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring shut up, a fountain sealed.

Awake, O north wind; blow upon my garden, that its spices may flow out. Let my beloved come into his garden, and eat his pleasant fruits. I would lead thee, and bring thee into my mother's house, who would instruct me: I would cause thee to drink of spiced wine of the juice of my pomegranate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home